Sunday, December 25, 2005

59.9cc Superbike

I met a small boy today evening, he has come to India few days before only, he knows very li'l about India and the Indian artifacts. The conversation was short yet interesting. I went to his house to pick him up and bring him to my house for didi to meet him.

It was very cold outside, so I took the helmet, leather gloves, skull cap. Then I took the keys of the bike. " Oh! The bike's not clean! Why not take the scooterate instead?"- I asked to myself. Then answering myself in a yes, I took the scooterate.
When I reached there he was very much excited for a bike ride and after he saw those accessories of mine, he was ready to do anything for the ride to come fast to him. So without delaying anymore I took him out on the scooterate. He was excited! I helped him climb the scooty, then started off! "I don't like fast riders" were his first words. I gave him an affirmative answer and confirmed the speed as 20 Kmph. "No, you can do upto 80 Kmph" was his next sentence. I thought to myself "80 Kmph!! If I took every bit of power from the POWERMACHINE I'm driving then also it will cruise only at an unimaginable 55 Kmph." He cut my thought in between and asked me "Whats the top speed of the Vehicle, we are on?,"- expecting something big. I read the expression on his face and thought to make him happy. But as I was deciding the speed to be exaggerated, he fired an observation of his to me, this being outta this world one! " This is a superbike na!!".
I smiled looking towards him and answered him in my thoughts" Ya, Of course this is a superbike, a 59.9cc revved up, freakin' Road dominating mighty superbike."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

mujhe to kabhi is incident ke bare mai nahi bataya..huh?
sad ending coz d kid didnt got a real ride...only a virtual ride that 2 on scooty...

Arjun said...

i thought scooty was 71 cc. Thats why my mother preferred purchasing trendy, which was 65 cc. Apparently, she had misinterpreted cc as kg..

Whatever, it feels good to make people happy. hai na!

Anonymous said...

This is my scooty and you dare not speak such words for it

Vinod Khare said...

Nice blog you have running in here.

Personally I've never understood people's fascination with bikes. For me they are just vehicles. My personal desire is to own a macintosh. That's is my sole, singular material desire.

The Young Saint said...

@ anon:
this is Shruti

@ Arjun:
Scooty is only 60cc my dear.

@ Aditi:
Sorry D.

@ Vinod:
Some ppl. on this Earth live crazy Life, I'm one of them. I'm crazy about bikes and I love to live life fast.

Anonymous said...

Agree With Vinod...My PC's my first love...
Anyways, sad the little devil didn't get a taste of 'Indian Super Bikes'...
It shud rather have been a 'Sunny'...
He wud've been Marvelled...thought u were some kind of superman on a scooty...

The Young Saint said...

@ Shiv:
Thanks for visiting...