Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A Walk to Remember

I got down from the bus. For some reason, I did not move at all and let every person of my stop to get down from the bus. Then, I do not know why, I took a different root for my house. This root being in parallel position with my routine way. As I was strolling down the way, through a gap in the road, I saw one girl of my college, walking alone from the bus stop. I sped and caught her at the next section of the road gap, with me, on my routine way now.
She did not pay attention towards me and continued to walk with her head down, for about a good 20 -30 mts. I just walked with her, without getting any notice from her. As soon as she hit reality, she became a bit conscious, as someone was walking with her, without her consent. But as She lifted her head and found me, gave me a happy ‘hi’(She probably was feeling low). I also said ‘hi’. She asked “Aj paidal kaise jaa raha he? Bike nahi laya?” . I just replied “haan, bas aise hi aaj paidal chalne ki ichcha ho rahi thi, isliye”. She smiled and said “Aaj hi nahi lani thi! Pata hai me kitna thak gayi hu aaj? Bike lata to mujhe ghar ke pass tak chhod deta na ! ”. I said “Bike nahi toh kya hua, kya mai tujhe ghar tak nahi chhod sakta? Tu chinta mat kar, dono baat karte karte kaise tere ghar tak pahooch jayenge, pata bhi nahi chalega.
Then not doing much talking but steadily taking my steps towards her house, we reached at the point where I was supposed to drop her. All this time she was insisting me not to bother about her and just go to my house but I did not say much and continued to accompany her. But at this separating path, I replied to all her questions with a generous “anything for you” gesture. She smiled back. Then she smiled again and asked me one of the most difficult question of my life ”Abhinav, tu mujhe roj yahan tak chhodne aayega na? ”. She stunned me with this question of her’s. After remaining silent for about a minute, looking directly into her eyes, I said NO. I started my walk back to my home without saying anything else, with my mind at unrest, my heart questioning me, my legs not supporting me to walk forward, my head wanting to turn and look at her. I wanted to fight with time and wanted to correct myself with a YES. I did not talk to her after this walk, though I always wanted to. Or did I?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wattttttttttttttttt no no no no................................. not again plz plz plz plz plz.kiddin go n hav a chat with her.May be ur thinking to much...

Anonymous said...

u shud ve said yes...
nothing much 2 say

Anonymous said...

wow ! looks like a scene straight out of :D a movie man ! ;)
but a gr8 one surely !