Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Bura na mano Holi hai

Holi has always been a very special occasion to me, not because I am a very Happy-in-festivals kind of boy rather because I like the add-ons that Holi brings with itself. When I was a kid, I used to enjoy holi because, first, it brought holidays. *Any child will vouch for it that holidays bring fun*. And when you ask me, I’ll agree to it without any resistance. Secondly, it was the food that brought me immense pleasure. I love food, so I love festivals. My mom still prepares many lovely and of-course very tasty stuffs, which keeps me glued to the kitchen until I declare Everything-that-Ma-made-for-this-Holi-is-over. (I love you Ma).

Its not like only the food and the holiday gives me pleasure but yes, Holi has been special. I still remember about a decade back or so, when I was hardly eight years, I used to carry two buckets full of specially made colored water, one of which had my Pichkari. Now you readers don’t think it to be just another kids’ pichkari. It was no ordinary pichkari, for it, first of all, was gifted by my father and secondly, it was All-Steel + Having-No-washer-defect pichkari. This meant that I could color other competitors with my head held high and continuously, without repairing the washers of the pichkari, in middle of the inter-gali holi war. It was always fun with my Bramhastra kind of pichkari, which made me the Champ of my gali, at-least.

But the victory did not come to me that easy always. Once when I was out of supply the ammo.(Colored water as in this case) and other gali’s kids were chasing me down the street, I fell off. Both my knees got wounded, blood coming down from them but the rivals just weren’t paying any attention towards it and were busy coloring me but then, my troops came to my rescue.*Thanks to them* and in the end, we won by chasing the rival kids out of the gali.

But from past two years I’m not able to play Holi. Not because I don’t want to but I’m not able to. Past to past year, due to death of my loving paternal Grandfather, I was not able to celebrate. Last year I went to Gaurav’s native place. Though I enjoyed a lot there in Mauranipur but I did not play Holi. This year also I won’t be able to celebrate it due to sad demise of my Ma’s Father. So, I’m planning to go to Ankit’s Gaon for studying or at-least have fun out there.

Anyways, Happy Holi.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remm. u told me abt dis....i guess attach u childhood photo wid it...( very cute boy wid mischievous smile,notorious,full of energy to do masti!!!,.... is'nt it? )

happy holi!!

Anonymous said...

k gr8 i want to see that pichkari..........

Anonymous said...

shruti tere ko bachpan se janti hai kya?
khane k siva aur kuch bhi hai duniya mein......

Anonymous said...

??

The Young Saint said...

@ Shruti:
Visit Orkut.

@ Ankit:
That pichkari is now lost.

@ Aditi:
Bacpan se nai janti par photo dekh sakti hai.

@ Arjun:
Please be elaborate.

Anonymous said...

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

?

Any more elaboration expected?

The Young Saint said...

@ Arjun:
Yeah Dude, more elaboration expected. But this time don't use the sign language to make me understand. Words would do just fine stuff for me.
Aakhirkar, Ye dil maange more(The english "More")

Sankalp said...

Few suggestions:

1)Dont expect sensible comments for this post

2)Dont expect positive responses for your semi-nude/(un)kewl *puke* pics on orkut.

3)Holi par agar aisa post likhoge aur aisi fotu lagaoge to bura maanna hi padega.

The Young Saint said...

@ Sankalp:
Completing your sentences(by thinking, as you do)...

1)Dont expect sensible comments for this post...from a IIIT dude who was too cold from heart to play Holi.

2)Dont expect positive responses for your semi-nude/(un)kewl *puke* pics on orkut...from a guy who is 6'some inches tall (and only tall)

3)Holi par agar aisa post likhoge aur aisi fotu lagaoge to bura maanna hi padega...kyuki main aisa post kabhi likh nai paunga aur na hi aisi body bana paunga.

Saint Says: Sorry Sankalp. and you rock(If you don't like my comment, ignore it.)

Sankalp said...

See that's what I'm trying to point out, the complete lack of original ideas. Absolute zilch. Even to counter my comments, you have to think like I do, you just don't have any original weapons in your armoury. All your counter attacks are as pathetic as the Pakistan's attempts to become a nuclear power, buying weapons and technology from China, US and Korea. Now I'm wondering if they are even worth calling counter attacks, but whatever, I'll grant it to you.

But please, reply only if you have somehing better and original up your.......... sleeve.